Welcome to GatheringWorship.ca
We are so delighted that you are here!
If you are new to Gathering, don’t forget to subscribe and stop by often as new content is being added regularly.
The Gathering team has been planning, working on, and developing this website for the past two years, after over a decade of conversation, consultation, and planning. We have done all this with you in mind, and now that you are here, I wanted to check in: Have you had a look around?
Here you will have quick access to your custom services (those that you gather resources for on the website), your favourites (content that you have bookmarked while browsing), and the submission form (sharing means caring, after all!).
This section shows you the latest content for our top categories. These are not linked to the current calendar date, so you will not see the upcoming Sunday in the Weekly Services (Sunday by Sunday) section.
Find Anything with Categories
Wow. Do we have categories! Over 20 different categories and hundreds of search filters help you find just the right content for your worship. The content is organized into eight main categories. You can also access these categories quickly from the “Tools” menu.
- Weekly Services: where you will find the beloved Sunday by Sunday worship resource. TIP: to find worship resources for a particular Sunday, click on Weekly Services and use the search tools on the right to search by liturgical date (put in a range around the date that you are looking for).
- Blogs: shareable content on the site (i.e., the stuff that is not behind a paywall). It’s mostly made up of Worship, Music, and Spirituality; Prelude; and Editor’s Postlude articles from the print magazine. We may also occasionally add others that are timely between issues.
- Worship Columns: your favorite Inspiratio, Digging Deeper, Preaching Pointers, Music, and Exploring section articles.
- Music: a searchable database of sheet music in Gathering (available as pdfs) and hymn listings for More Voices, Voices United, and, shortly, Nos Voix Unies. The music section will link to a Then Let Us Sing! portal, which is currently in development.
- Prayers: in a single issue of Gathering, there are at least 150 prayers. For the website, we have categorized each prayer by theme, language, type, scripture, and more. We still have many more to add. If you don’t find your favourite prayer, we might still be getting it ready for you.
- Sparks: a good spot to find great ideas!
- Complete Services: our ready-to-use services. In the next few months, we will be adding more liturgies to this section.
- Drama: find short dramas and readers’ theatre here and past gems from the former drama files.
Still haven’t found what you are looking for?
Try using the search button (the magnifying glass) in the top right corner, and type in what you want. If you’re still not finding it, add filters to your search. You can scroll through the list of filters in each category, but trust me, there are a lot! It is often easier to type what you are looking for and see what comes up (it’s organized alphabetically).
If the filter you need does not show up, select the plus-sign button beside Additional Filters; it may be there.
After you select content that you like, anything that is underlined in the information section is a link to all the content on the site with the same categorization.
If you still can’t find what you are looking for (it might not be posted yet) or think that we have miscategorized something, please let us know at @email. To get the site up and running for you, we prioritized content for Lent/Easter and Advent/Christmas/ Epiphany, but in the coming months, we will be adding much more from the last nine years of Gathering.
We hope to use your feedback and contributions to make GatheringWorship.ca a collaborative and creative space that supports you in leading inspired worship.
GatheringWorship.ca is an extension of Gathering magazine: a space for worship leaders, by worship leaders. Working together, we are excited to grow GatheringWorship.ca with you.
(on behalf of the Gathering Worship Team)
P.S. Don’t forget to send us your submissions!